Hope all is well. Welcome to Karma’s Blog post. I feel I need to give you a little back story as to how I came across this information before we dive right into our topic. Soooo…
Here recently I wasn’t feeling my best. My sinuses were draining causing my throat to feel scratchy and sore. I had gone through an entire box of lozenges and really didn’t want to get out of the house to go buy some more. I plunged off the edge and down the rabbit hole of home remedies. After finding a recipe for a wonderful concoction to help relieve my throat, I also found something that eventually relieved my entire sinus problem. After making notes of remedies for my health, skin, and hair, I came across a plethora just for your nails! So I put on my witches hat, pulled out my cauldron, and began to brew a slew of tonics and elixirs. Bawhahaha!
Today, I want to elaborate on our nails. After all, this is the Karma Blog, and I’m all about promoting the best nail care. I will list a few common nail conditions and some remedies that may help.
Do you suffer from brittle nails? All you need is some lemon juice and olive oil to solve your problem. Olive oil penetrates the cuticles, helping to strengthen and repair, while the lemon juice reduces the peeling and damage on the nail.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice and 3 tbsp. of olive oil in small microwavable bowl
- Warm mixture in microwave for 15 seconds. We only want it warm, not lava hot!
- Soak fingertips in mixture for 20 minutes, occasionally massaging each nail while submerged
Do you wish your nails would grow faster? For this we will need eggshells and coconut oil. The calcium in eggshell and the vitamin E and antioxidants in coconut oil are great nail supplements and promote fast nail growth.
- Crush 2-3 eggshells into a fine powder
- Mix eggshell powder into 2 tbsp. of coconut oil creating somewhat of a paste
- Massage mixture on to nails and cuticles before bed and let set overnight
- Repeat nightly for faster results
Do you have dry and flaky cuticles? Grab yourself a banana and some aloe vera for this 2-step process. Banana is rich in vitamins A, B, C, and E which helps heal and nourish the skin, as well as, fight free radical damage. The aloe vera has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antiaging properties that protects and soothes.
- Mash the pulp of banana into bowl
- Apply to all skin around nail
- Let set for 5-10 minutes
- Wash clean with a gentle soap
- Apply aloe vera to dry area by massaging into skin
- Do not rinse off
- Step 2 can be repeated multiple times a day, if desired
Are your nails stained and yellow? Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda will have your nails restored to your natural color in no time. Making a paste with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda creates a powerful whitening agent and disinfectant. This combination will penetrate your nails and work from within.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 2 ½ tbsp. of baking soda in a small bowl
- Apply mixture to your stained nail with a cotton swab
- Allow to set for 5 minutes
- Wash clean with gentle soap
Hopefully one of these home remedies can help you or someone you know. Once the problem is under control, celebrate by checking out Karma Nail Wraps where you can purchase some fabulous non-damaging nail wraps to really show off your beautiful, healthy nails! With well over 1000 designs to choose from you are bound to find many that suit your style preference. Karma Nail Wraps also has a nail care section on the menu, where you can find the Maintenance Care Curated Bundle for only $23.99. This handy bundle includes the 2 in 1 tool, 7 way buffer, bite size buffer, floral file, cuticle trimmers, and aloe vera cuticle oil. Such a great price for all the handy tools that are included.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this information, or would like to see a specific topic showcased please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org